Thursday, May 1, 2014

Along My Journey

I know you probably would never expect to hear someone say:  the things I am thankful for cancer for, huh?  Well, along my journey there are so many things that I am so so thankful for along my way.  Which brings me to what I want to share with you today.  In the beginning of my journey:  I had daily radiation treatments.  I always went by myself (another story for another day).  Loved walking into the Cancer Center.  Yes you heard it, the people were so friendly even the patients.  We all had so much in common.  Most the time words never even needed to be spoken just a kind look and smile.  Early in my treatments I noticed this young lady she was there same time as me receiving radiation.  One day it happened we were able to talk and introduce ourselves in the brief time we had to talk before our appointments.  A young mother of 2 children in her 20's was diagnosed with stage 4 Breast Cancer.  Her story inspired me.  At this time I was not in or ever considering being an Avon representative.  She had shared with me at one of our appointments that because of her age no one recommend a mammogram.  She had pointed out to me that it was because of Avon that she was able to have the test she needed to get diagnosed.  She has been fighting every since.  She was an encouragement to me when I needed it, she would tell me you have those days you don't feel like getting out of bed but you have children that are counting on you, you get up and you go and do it anyways.   I have known her for 4 years and admire her and her strengths, her passion and love for her family.  I have seen her be without transportation and ride a bike to get where she needs to go even while taking chemotherapy treatments.

When you are going through cancer your battle should be fighting the cancer and focusing on getting well not struggling to survive financially.  

Please visit her page on GOFUNDME   http://www.gofundme.com/8rxgnc









No comments: