Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out with 2011 and in with 2012

2011 is making a fast exit. Time surely does not stand still. How will you bring in the new year? Every year we stay home. I have a bottle of Welch's Sparkling Juice in the fridge chilling. Made good use of my free coupon I received from Welch's. Probably watch some classic comedies. I for some reason get real teary eyed when the clock strikes Midnight. I am a very sentimental person. I am so blessed to be here and be with my family. I do wish we could all be together. I don't know if that will ever happen. I pray my daughter finds her way back to herself. I miss our Mother/Daughter relationship we once had. She was the best Mother and when she had her 3rd child her OB dr prescribed her Adapex (spelling??) a diet pill. Which she did not need. I also believe she suffered from post partum depression. Her husband was never home and she never left the house. Then one day she left and never went back. Then her husband shot himself in the chest (survived, a miracle) then they divorced. She now has totally detached herself emotionally from the children as if they were someone elses. All of this happened at the same time I was diagnosised with cancer. Now I have all three living grandbabies living with me. I love having them here and pray one day they will be a family again. You know you have everyone telling you what they would do or not do. But you have to do what you can and you can't make anyone do something they do not want to do. I know they are well taken care of, might not have everything they want but love doesn't cost anything but is something we all can give freely.




This year we were blessed with another Granddaughter Joanna.

So I say goodbye to 2011 and welcome in 2012 and look forward to all the blessings that will come our way this year. I have so many favorite quotes the first one that comes to mind is -
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.”
Edith Lovejoy Pierce.





No comments: