Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Codependency


Codependency
Codependent relationships are a type of dysfunctional helping relationship where one person supports or enables another person’s addiction, poor mental health, immaturity, irresponsibility, or under-achievement. People with a predisposition to be a codependent enabler often find themselves in relationships where their primary role is that of rescuer, supporter, and confidante.

There is a thing of helping to much.  I have learned a lot this past week.  It has truly helped me to understand a lot.  I now understand why I like to help people so much.  I have to learn how to use it in a good nurturing way and not in the way it has been used and abused the past 25 years I no longer need to be an enabler.  I just cannot believe I never knew of this before.






No comments: