Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cooks.com - Recipe - Easy Oatmeal Cookies

The kids and I had been talking about making some Oatmeal Cookies. So we decided we would make them. They were excited and I wanted simple and easy. So those that know me, know I google everything. I searched for "easy oatmeal cookies" and there it was a very simple recipe with very few ingredients. I had the 3 of them around the table with the smallest one (23 months) in with Papa. They each got to mix each ingredient and then place the cookie dough on the baking sheet. While the cookies baked, my First Grader completed her homework. When the cookies were done I told them before they could have one they had to let Papa sample one. So they eagerly took one to Papa and he had to tell them how yummy they were. They then sat down and enjoyed their cookie. They were so excited that they made them and they were so good.

So here is the link and also the recipe, enjoy....

Cooks.com - Recipe - Easy Oatmeal Cookies

EASY OATMEAL COOKIES

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1710,146184-243203,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 c. sugar
1 c. butter
1 c. flour
2 c. Quick Oats
1 tsp. baking soda (sifted with flour)

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix with hands -- form small balls and flatten on ungreased pan.

Bake for 8-12 minutes (depends on size of cookies made).


Variations: add 1 tsp. vanilla, applesauce, mashed bananas, cinnamon, raisins, cranberries, chopped nuts, etc. Agave syrup or honey can be substituted for sugar, if desired.

No comments: