Saturday, November 12, 2011

Today went by way to fast

This has been an extemely busy Saturday. The morning was spent being a teacher. My youngest is having a hard time in school, either that or just not wanting to do it. Either way today we spent a good bit of time on vowels, handwriting, reading. There are so many great websites out there to help and I am very thankful for them. Here are a few - Starfall; Handwriting worksheets; Phonics worksheets; Number worksheets and more, Vowel Worksheets; Have Fun Teaching; not to mention YOUTUBE lots of great videos available. Results he was able to read two short stories from the Starfall site this evening.

Then tonight after dinner the kids and I decided to make a recipe on the back of the Kellogg's Rice Krispies box "Gingerbread Spice Rice Krispies Treats®"
This recipe is a little different than the box. It calls for a tablespoon of shortening and on the box it calls for a tablespoon of butter. I did change a couple things also in the recipe. I did not have Allspice so I used Pumpkin Spice. Also, I did not have a full cup of the light corn syrup so I also used dark corn syrup. The kids had a blast making them tonight. This was easy to make and something different.
My favorite Peanut butter to use -

No comments: