Monday, January 30, 2012

Have you discovered Pinterest?

Someone had showed me this site a few weeks back and I just really was not interested.  I thought to myself, I don't have time to be looking at all that stuff.  They bookmarked it on my computer, then someone sent me emails with cute birthday party ideas.  Next thing you know I am on Pinterest.  Again, jumping into something I know absolutely nothing about.  Then I start "liking" pins.  One day I looked at my account and it said I did not have any "pins" so I knew I had to "pin" something.  Then I see everyone is talking about this "Pinterest".  Then I got lucky I received an email from Tory Johnson you might know her as "Women for Hire" or "Spark and Hustle".  She had a great article on Pinterest stating it is the newest Social Media Tool, so of course that sparked my attention, since I seem to have this magnetic force that draws me to Social Media.  Anyways, this tool is a traffic driver.  People find things they like and then they "pin" it, then their friends "repin" it, creating a large word-of-mouth interest .  WOW!  Powerful!  So you want to make sure you create your profile, then be prepared to drift away into Pinterest Country. 

Did you ever want to create a dream or goal book? Places you would to visit?  Things you wanted to do?  Love to do crafts and like new ideas? Looking for home decor ideas?  Like trying new recipes?  Or maybe visit the past?  Like Motivation and Encouragement? You can do all this and more on Pinterest.  As you find things you like you "Pin" it.  You also create "Boards" to organize your "Pins".

I love it, and have figured out on how to create my boards, share pictures, etc.  It is very easy to use.  This is a very visual site, I think that is why I like it so much. 

Here is what Wikipedia has about Pinterest

What's the history of Pinterest? How did it get started?
 
 
So hopefully this will help you understand "Pinterest" a little bit more.

Happy Pinning!!!!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: