Friday, March 16, 2012

St Patricks Day

I receive recipe's daily by email, today's recipe was Favorite Irish Bread.  I thought, umm that sounds good.  So the next thing to do was to see how easy it was to make.  Check, very easy and best part I had all the ingredients.  I recently had bought a Bunny Cake Pan and thought I would put it to use today.   So here is the finished product:


I did consider using "green food coloring" but changed my mind.

Ingredients



•3 cups all-purpose flour
•1 cup sugar
•3 teaspoons baking powder
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1 egg
•2 cups 2% milk
•1/2 cup butter, melted
•1-1/2 cups raisins
•2 tablespoons caraway seeds, optional


Directions


•In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and caraway seeds if desired.


•Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.

Nutritional Facts


1 piece equals 145 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.

Originally published as Irish Bread in Country Woman October/November 2008, p34



No comments: