Saturday, February 18, 2012

First Day of Vacation....

Have you ever heard of "Where's your sign"?  I wonder if today has tried telling me something.  I had reserved an SUV that seats 7 on Monday.  In our town by Friday there are no rentals, just to give you a little info.  So today is the day we leave for our mini-vacation.  We go and pick up this beautiful white Toyota 4 Runner.  We are just about to transfer everything over from my truck and I could not figure out how this was a seven seater.  It had no more room than my SUV.  So I called the rental place and said, I can't figure out how this seats seven.  So they had to look, and Yep it was not a 7 seater.  So what am I suppose to do now.  I have reservations at the beach and 4 children ready to go.  So we are all trying to come up with a solution.  Now remember there are no other rentals available.  The rental came up with reducing the rate to a mid size car and we ended up bringing 2 vehicles (SUV).  So then we were on the road.   Stopped at a rest area for a potty break and realized Hubby forgot to load the clothes that were packed for him and our littlest one.  Road trip was good, just a little rain.  Checked into our room, then left for dinner.  We figured we would go to our favorite place "Barnacle Bills".  Well guess what, no longer Barnacle Bills.  We still went in and ate.   Let's just say we will not do that place again.  Now for the icing on the cake, Little man throws up all over the bedroom.  He is feeling much better now.   I could look at this two different ways. I am just going to say we got all the bad out of the way so now the rest of the trip is going to be AWESOME.  Did I mention there is suppose to be thunderstorms up until we leave.....

No comments: