Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wear Red



February has arrived and along with February with have Heart Health Awareness month.  Heart disease is the number one silent killer among women.  Heart disease runs in my family.  My Mother had a massive heart attack at age 58 that claimed her life.  Before I was diagnosised with cervical cancer I was following up with my primary care physician (and still am) for high blood pressure and tachycardia.  Most people don't even know they have high blood pressure.

I strongly urge everyone to know their numbers.  This is done by your health care provider ordering a complete blood work up.  Our blood does tell so much about what is going on.  Know what your good cholesterol is and your bad.  Never wait till you have symptoms.  We need to be pro active about our health.

Resources:

The Heart Truth® Kicks Off 10th Anniversary during American Heart Month


So let us wear RED to raise AWARENESS!




No comments: