Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 3 after Chemo Friday

I want you to know I am not complaining, my goal is to write out as much about what is happening in hoping it will help someone else understand what is happening and that it is okay.

I woke up as normal to go to the bathroom I am finding it sometimes harder to go so I have to turn the water on this does help. Then I go get back in the bed and try to get comfortable and guess what, yep, the pain is back. I can only relate it to emptying my bladder. So then of course you have to get up again and take something. I use to would just get up because I hurt so bad. Now I have learned to take my medicine and sleep another hour or so. I thought I was never going to get to sleep last night I had severe hiccups which is a side effect of the emends (nausea med for after chemo) I take this for 3 days each week. Of course it also caused severe acid reflux. I have discovered since receiving the chemo I have difficulty in swallowing. Very hard to eat unless I am able to drink to wash my food down. Will have to ask about this today. I do feel short of breath today and shakey. Hoping this wont last long. I have my radiation treatment today at 10:45. Then back here to finish my work. Will definitely consider a nap today since tomorrow is the Peach Festival.

I am fixing me some toast. I cannot stand the shakey feeling. And this horrible taste in my mouth. I did buy some pepermints and lemon drops. Thank you again for all your prayers. God is here with me every step of the way. Thanks to all my church family for calling me yesterday and checking on me as well as my dear family and friends. I am going to eat my toast and honey and see about getting Carter all ready for school.

No comments: